Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 users..
New Edit 17 April 2017
Some users have reported problems with the keying using Windows 10, and external key, including Paddle key, using the USB to Serial Converter, or even on the serial port of a Desktop or Tower system.
To resolve this issue, there is a "workaround"... please visit PAGE 6 of this blog, "Keying with a mouse adapter" for keying on Windows 10
Using the USB to Serial Converter.
According to the PLUGABLE site... you should have the correct driver downloaded, as soon as you plug in your PROLIFIC PL2303 USB TO SERIAL CONVERTER....
.... however, if you still want to get the driver.... visit this site... BUT READ ON FURTHER DOWN.... BEFORE DOWNLOADING DRIVER...
If you are using other manufacturers usb to serial converter, then you need to check with PL2303 CHECKCHIP TOOL.... to make sure that your item has the correct chip inside... otherwise it may not work properly.
Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 are NOT supported in the PL2303HXA AND PL2303X EOL chip versions.
The latest chip version that IS
supported is PL-2303HXD (version HX revision D)
PL2303 CHECKCHIP TOOL http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41
From the Plugable page.... this warning....
Please be warned that counterfeit (fake) PL-2303HX (Chip Rev A) USB to Serial Controller ICs
using Prolific's trademark logo, brandname, and device drivers, were
being sold in the China market. Counterfeit IC products show exactly the
same outside chip markings but generally are of poor quality and causes
Windows driver compatibility issues (Yellow Mark Error Code 10 in Device Manager). We issue this warning to all our customers and consumers to avoid confusion and false purchase.
If you are having problems getting CWCOM to work, then..... use the PL2303 chip check as above... to make sure your chip is the HXD version... not the HXA version....
You can also Try "compatibility mode"..... to do this...
START > type in CWCOM in the box above Start....
or find the cwcom. exe file in your cwcom folder.
Right click on the CWCOM icon, and find " Open File Location"... in the drop down menu.
Left click on that... Then Right click on the CWCOM icon again..
click on Properties,
. to find "Compatibility" tab...
.. Then check the box at "run this program in compatibility mode
click on the arrow to get the drop down list....
Windows O.S. and I suggest you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista as
compatible modes.... and I hope that works for you.... Good Luck... ).
. . . MorsePower.... Please use the PAGES Menu below, to navigate. and get the best settings for CWCOM operators are friendly and the object is to chat using the skill of morse code communication For download sites see PAGE 1 or PAGE 2, on this blog . If you have any difficulties, contact me skodadriver1.6tdi (at) gmail (dot) com. CWCOM can be used on Windows, and also on Linux and Mac. See relevant pages for step by step instructions on how to insall on LINUX and MAC machines
PAGE 18 - CWCOM - CWCOM DEMONSTRATION
- HOME -- CLICK PAGE ONE ----->>
- PAGE 1 - CWCOM - INTRODUCING MORSE POWER
- PAGE 2 - CWCOM - GETTING STARTED --ICONS EXPLAINED
- PAGE 3 - CWCOM - SETTINGS AND CONFIGURATIONS
- PAGE 4 - CWCOM - HOW TO CONNECT AN EXTERNAL MORSE KEY
- PAGE 5 - CWCOM - STRAIGHT MORSE KEY - SETTINGS AND ADJUSTMENT
- PAGE 6 - CWCOM - KEYING WITH A MOUSE & TOUCH SCREENS . TABLETS
- PAGE 7 - CWCOM - NOTES FOR WINDOWS 8 & 10 & COMPATIBLE MODE
- PAGE 8 - CWCOM - HOW TO LEARN MORSE CODE
- PAGE 9 - CWCOM - SUGGESTED SCREEN LAYOUT FOR COMPUTER
- PAGE 10 - CWCOM - HOW TO MAKE A QRZ/CONTACT LIST AND LOGGING PAGE
- PAGE 11 - CWCOM - WORKING PROCEDURE FOR CWCOM
- PAGE 12 - CWCOM - EDITING THE MORSE LIBRARY
- PAGE 13 - CWCOM - ALTERNATIVE SERVER FOR CWCOM USERS
- PAGE 14 - CWCOM - SOUND PROBLEM ?
- PAGE 15 - CWCOM - LINUX (UBUNTU) & LINUX MINT 19 INSTALL INSTRCUCTIONS
- PAGE 16 - CWCOM - MAC USERS - HOW TO INSTALL CWCOM
- PAGE 17 - CWCOM - CORRUPT COPY ON SCREEN RE-INSTALL PROCEDURE
- PAGE 18 - CWCOM - CWCOM DEMONSTRATION
Sunday, 14 August 2016
CWCOM - Notes for WINDOWS 8 and 10 users also how to use "Compatibility Mode"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment